Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
We are currently seeking an energetic individual to join our team at LTL near Toronto Pearson International Airport. Maintenance Technician Level 1 will be responsible for basic maintenance of substation, hardware inspection, housekeeping of electrical areas/room and comply with health and safety regulations.
All successful candidates will be required to be available minimum two (2) weekends per month .
Application Deadline: Sep 18, 2017
• Clean, inspect and check for defects of equipment
• Testing of insulators when applicable
• Inspect mechanism for alignment and movement (lubricate where necessary)
• Inspect interlocks for presents and function/alignment
• Replace fuse links (where applicable)
• Take oil/gas samples
• Verify switch operations
• Climb and work aloft from extension ladder and/or step ladder
• Hoist and lower equipment/materials by rope lines
• Install underground PVC conduit
• Pull and shape wire and cables (conduit/raceway) by hand
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 Graduate with basic electrical principles training (preferred)
• Individuals with mechanical aptitude and work related experience may be considered
Remuneration commensurate with experience; company benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.