Are you an ambitious and self-motivated individual looking for a challenge? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and hard-working team that positively impacts the utility and industrial sectors?
Lineman's Testing Laboratories is an innovative company that encourages growth, provides challenges and gives you the opportunity to leave your mark. We've been around since 1958, so we know what motivates our staff and creates a great work culture.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, training and development, work-life balance, staff team building events and a green workspace.
At LTL, we work hard and play hard. If this sounds like you - get in touch! See below for our current opportunities.
• Participate in the negotiation, re-negotiation, and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives
• Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods
• Carrier and brokerage negotiations, document resolution and billing verification
• Vendor-related documentation resolution
• NAFTA and tariff code compliance assessment and operation
• Source new products and replacement parts in an expedient manner, and ensure best price and deliveries for all sourced product and volume orders
• Maintain adequate inventory levels and non-stock product for all Canadian operations; ensure inventory meets operational requirements and are accurately represented
• Forecast future product requirements
• Facilitate warranty returns
• Enforce quality requirements on vendors; maintain vendor relationships scope
• Follow purchasing policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations
Knowledge & Skills
• Have the potential to engage at a senior level, possessing strong influencing, negotiation and creative skills to secure best vendor pricing
• Must be ambitious, tenacious and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where you can expect the unexpected
• Honed ability to secure relationships with key vendors using proven sell arguments/tactics
• Networking ability to maintain and manage networks, both internal and external
• Outstanding organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to handle pressure
• Good interpersonal, team and collaborative skills
• Understands customer care, production schedules, production flow and efficiency
• Advanced software skills (MS Office-MS Excel, Pivot tables)
• Independent thinker capable of taking initiative, thinking in terms of solutions and opportunities rather than problems
• Experience working on a major ERP software
Education & Experience
• PMAC, APICS, SCMP Designation or in progress
• Supply Chain of Business related Diploma, Certificate or Degree
• 2-4 years’ experience in a procurement role.
Remuneration commensurate with experience; company benefits.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, and you meet the qualifications listed above, we look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.